At OU-JLIC we hire rabbinic couples to serve college campus communities. Usually we hire the husband to work full time and the wife to work in a part time capacity. While the rabbinic couple is the core of OU-JLIC’s presence on any campus, on occasion we hire part-time educators to supplement the team.
The needs of each campus differ and we celebrate the individual skills and diverse talents of our staff, yet these qualities are common to all candidates for OU-JLIC positions:
- A deep seated dedication to serving the needs of Klal Yisrael.
- A broad, advanced Torah learning background. (For husbands, semikha from a reputable Yeshiva/Kollel is strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated teaching ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and social intelligence.
- An open-minded and non-judgmental attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Team player, who thrives when working with, supporting and learning from others
- Comfort with working in a pluralistic/Hillel framework.
- Advanced secular knowledge, with personal research interests.
- An exposure to and appreciation for secular university culture.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Personal warmth and concern for others.
- Personal humility and a general ongoing commitment to self-refinement.
OU-JLIC offers very competitive salaries (separate for the husband and wife). The benefits package is robust. It includes:
- Moving costs
- A substantial annual programming budget
- An annual stipend to pay a student administrative intern
- Best-in-class health insurance package with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Multiple options to fit varying budgets and family needs
- 50% of monthly premiums paid for by employer
- Life and disability insurance paid for entirely by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan with Metlife
- 2 Dental Insurance plan options with Blue Cross Blue Shield